2018 FTC Conrad Qualifier #1
Post date: Mar 13, 2017 1:50:25 PM
Students wishing to go on the trip need to be Active Members of the Pearce Robotics Club in good standing.
Students must be passing all classes in-accordance with the UIL Pass Play Rules.
Students must have be current with all fees & dues including the deposits for this trip
Students must be enrolled at J.J. Pearce High-school.
- RISD Volunteer Form for Chaperones and Mentors (https://risd.voly.org/index.html), instructions on https://public.3.basecamp.com/p/UZNYpb2eb9qWtKDMSPdHGsBP
- Pearce Robotics Volunteer Conduct Agreement Form (TBD)
- FIRST TIMS authorization form
- No additional cost or deposits needed for this event for students or mentors
Special Dress/Packing Instructions
This is a FIRST Robotics Day Trip. Please dress accordingly.
- Pearce Robotics Team Polo (Presentation Teams)
- A Pearce Robotics Hoodie (if its cold)
- Close Toed Shoes
- Safety Glasses
Event Venue information: Conrad High School Gym
Drivers Please download the Event Google Maps to your Phone https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PKi0ju6Q-cOgM3guwoMjnvDdTGk&usp=sharing
The Team will be carpooling from the Pearce Loading dock to
Students will not be allowed to drive or bring their personal vehicles.
List of Drivers
- Kenneth Clausing - (214) 641-9145
- Stuart Rampy - (972) 827-7751
Driver Event Packets:
Please arrive in the morning at the back dock having already eaten breakfast.
Lunch will be provided by the club and served at Noon.
Snacks and water will be provided for each of the teams in their pits.
Adult Chaperone Information:
To be a Chaperone you will need to fill out the RISD Volunteer Form (https://risd.voly.org/index.html), instructions on https://public.3.basecamp.com/p/UZNYpb2eb9qWtKDMSPdHGsBP this can take up to 2 weeks to be added to the list of approved RISD Volunteers so please do so as soon as you think you may want to chaperone.
As a Chaperone you will be responsible for working with the Teacher Sponsors to keep the Students safe, feed, and enjoying their time on the trip, you will also be responsible for keeping the students following the rules of the trip and following the conduct agreement. If you are a driver you will be assigned a list of students and adults that will be driving with you. you may also be asked by the event leaders to take on other responsibilities like lunch shopping, early morning robot team load in, assist with home depot runs, or other administrative items.
Chaperone Event Packet
Schedule of Events:
Day 0 Friday November 9th 2018 Prep and final checks at Pearce
- 4:30p Shop opens for a late day. Teams can work on what ever they feel needs to be done in the last moments
- 6:30p Dinner
- 11:00p Teams need to be packed with robots, tools, and other items stacked neatly on their benches ready to go in the morning
- 11:30p Shop Closes
Day 1 Saturday November 10th 2018 Competition Day:
- 7:00a - Meet at Pearce Back Loading Dock
- 7:15a - Team Packs Robots and Items
- 7:30a - Team Carpools to Conrad.
- 8:00a - Pits Open
- 9:00a - Rounds start
- 12:00n - Lunch
- 3:00p - Final Rounds start
- 5:00p - Pits Close
- 5:00p Team Leaves for Pearce
- 5:30p Team Arrives back at the Pearce Loading Dock. Event Ends