Battery Spill Kit
Instructions for neutralizing and disposing of a Battery Spill or Leak
Our Battery Spill kit is located in the "Safety Corner" of the shop OR the "Safety Shelf" of the Pit.
It is the bright orange home depot bucket labeled "Battery Spill Kit"
Each Battery Spill kit contains the following.
- 1 Large Plastic Bucket with Lid
- 1 Laminated Visual Instruction Guide
- 1 Pair of Large Rubber Gloves
- 1 Splash Resistant Safety Goggles
- 1 Box of Baking Soda
- 1 Bag of kitty litter
- 1 Large Plastic Bag
- 1 Small Dustpan
- 1 Small Brush
- Ensure the area is clear and inform a mentor of the battery spill
- Put on Gloves, Safety Goggles
- Spread Baking soda over battery and spill, use more than you think is necessary
- Place battery in large plastic bag
- Pour kitty litter over the remaining baking soda to absorb any remaining liquid
- Sweep up baking soda and kitty litter with the dustpan & brush and put in the large plastic bag
- Put the large plastic bag in the Large Plastic Bucket and seal the lid tightly