Standing Band Saw
Band Saw Safety
Warning this tool can cause Major Lacerations and Dismemberment!
In addition to the general shop rules please follow these additional rules when using the band saw
- Wear gloves when operating
Band Saw Overview
Our Band Saw is a
We it for cutting large cuts of both Wood and Metal (please change the blade when switching from wood and metal)
Band Saw Use
Feeds and Speeds Table
Band Saw Maintenance
- When cutting metal use Tap Magic to lubricate
- Each night the machine cast off bin needs to be emptied.
- Each night the machine needs to be vacuumed and wiped down from sawdust and metal chips
- Each week the machine should be opened up and vacuumed out.
- When closing the shop for summer the blade needs to be removed and stored in light oil to prevent rusting and stretching.